Rice is Indonesian daily dish. We eat rice thrice daily, yup! From breakfast until dinner. If you don’t believe me, just visit any food stall, cafe or restaurant in Indonesia. All of them will sell rice complete with the meat and soup in one plate. Don’t be surprised when you see an Indonesian eat a cup of rice, potato meatball and fried noodle in one go. Believe me, most of us feel like have not eaten anything if we have not eaten RICE ?. Yet today, i’m going to present the recipe of noodle as a substitute for carbohydrate. Enjoy ??
- 2 packs of egg noodles
- 100 cc corn oil
- 1 stalk ginger, crushed,
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- a bunch of chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1 stem green mustard, sliced
- 1 pack of white mushroom, sliced
- 2 pcs of carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 500 cc of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp corn starch, melted with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
How to Cook:
- Boil the noodles for 2 minutes until cooked. Remove and drain. Sprinkle the noodles with cooking oil so it won’t stick to each other.
- Put it on air fryer (180 degree, 15 minutes).
- Heat oil, sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add carrot, stir until the color changes.
- Put white mushrooms, salt, sugar, pepper, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil in to the pan.
- Pour the chicken broth until boiling, add chinese cabbage, green mustard and broccoli.
- Thicken with corn starch liquid. Cook for 3 minutes, stir well.
- Pour over to the fried noodles in a serving dish.